Year 7 entry
As an academy Langley Grammar School operates as its own admissions authority and collaborates in an 11+ testing consortium with Herschel, St Bernard’s Catholic and Upton Court Grammar Schools for entry to Year 7.
Admission to any of the four grammar schools in Slough is based on reaching an eligibility score in the consortium 11+ examination. Any child reaching a score of 111 on a standardised scale (this score represents approximately the top third of the 11+ examination outcome range) is deemed potentially suitable for a grammar school place and is eligible for consideration for admission. However, each of the four schools have different criteria for admission in the event of over subsubscription.
The Admissions arrangements for Langley Grammar School set out a Priority Area 1 (Inner), Priority Area 2 (Outer) and Priority Area 3 (General), all defined by postcode.
- Priority Area 1 comprises postcode areas SL3 7, SL3 8, SL3 0 and SL3 9. SL3 7 and SL3 8 are the postcode areas surrounding the school, covering the great majority of the Langley area. SL3 0 covers the area of Colnbrook and Poyle, which is also part of the Borough of Slough. SL3 9 includes the Datchet area. These postcode areas include all the primary schools (maintained schools, academies and free schools) in Langley, Datchet, Colnbrook and Poyle.
- Priority Area 2 includes postcodes covering SL0, SL1, SL2, the remainder of SL3, SL4, TW18, TW19 and TW20. UB3, UB4, UB7, UB8 and UB10 are also in this outer area.
- Priority Area 3 includes SL5, SL6, SL7, SL8 and SL9; TW3, TW4, TW5, TW7, TW13, TW14 and TW15; UB1, UB2, UB5, UB6 and UB9; HA1, HA2, HA3, HA4, HA5 and HA6; W5, W7 and W13; RG12 and RG42.
The school routinely has more applicants for entry than it has places available. The over-subscription criteria give first priority to applicants with a permanent home address within the local Priority Area 1, who have achieved the eligibility of score of 111 in the 11+ entrance examination. Available places are then prioritised for applicants living in Priority Area 2, and allocated according to the remaining criteria of:
- Eligibility for Pupil Premium funding
- Children of permanent members of staff
- Rank order of performance in the examination
After all eligible applicants from Priority Areas 1 and 2 have been considered, any remaining places will be allocated to children living in Priority Area 3 in rank order of performance in the 11+ examination.
The Determined Admissions Arrangements for 2018 (also known as the admissions policy) can be downloaded using the link below.
11+ Entrance examination registration
To register your child for the 11+ entrance examination, please complete the online form available at https://www.sloughconsortium.org.uk
Registration will be open from Monday 1 May 2017 until 12 noon on Tuesday 20 June 2017.
Open mornings and evening
There will be open mornings on various dates during the summer term. Open evening will be on Tuesday 19 September. Full details of these events and the booking arrangements can be found by downloading the Open Events document below.
Admissions to Year 12
Please go to the Sixth Form Admissions page for details about the Sixth Form admissions process.
Admission to other year groups
Langley Grammar is a very popular school and as such is always very heavily over subscribed. Admissions after the initial year of entry in year 7, will depend on the availability of a place, and the suitability of the student for a grammar school education as determined by the school's assessment procedures. Any applicant who has previously sat the Consortium 11+ admission examination but did not attain a score of at least 111 at that time will not be eligible for consideration for entry to years 8-11.
If you would like your child to be considered for testing for possible admission to Langley Grammar School, please complete and return the form below.