Admissions consultation - 2024 entry
The 2021 School Admissions Code - consultation requirements
Paragraph 1.45 of the Code states that...
- When changes are proposed to admission arrangements, all admission authorities must consult on their admission arrangements (including any supplementary information form) that will apply for admission applications the following school year.
- Where the admission arrangements have not changed from the previous year there is no requirement to consult, subject to the requirement that admission authorities must consult on their admission arrangements at least once every 7 years, even if there have been no changes during that period.
Paragraph 1.48 describes the format of the consultation
- For the duration of the consultation period, the admission authority must publish a copy of their full proposed admission arrangements (including the proposed PAN) on the school’s website or its own website (in the case of a local authority) together with details of where comments may be sent and the areas on which comments are not sought. Admission authorities must also send, upon request, a copy of the proposed admission arrangements to any of the persons or bodies listed inviting comment.
Proposed admissions arrangements for 2024 entry
The draft admissions arrangements for 2024 entry are available for inspection by interested parties here or can be downloaded from the bottom of this page.
The principles of the admissions arrangements for Langley Grammar School have remained unchanged since the last formal consultation was carried out in 2019. There are no material changes proposed to the admissions arrangements for 2024 entry from those previously published for 2022 and 2023 entry.
However, the wording of the admissions arrangements have been subject to some minor amendments in recent years. These are as a result of the introduction of the 2021 School Admissions Code, and two determinations by the Office of the Schools Adjudicator where minor changes to some wording were required for the purpose of clarification.
Under the terms of the School Admissions Code as set out above, there is no requirement for formal consultation for these arrangements this year. However, in view of the amendments made the school is making the draft arrangements for 2024 entry available for inspection to interested parties in advance of their determination by the Governing Board in February 2023.
The Code states that the following groups should be consulted:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen;
- other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposed admissions;
- all other admission authorities within the relevant area (except that primary schools need not consult secondary schools);
- whichever of the governing body and the local authority is not the admission authority;
Members of these groups are welcome to make comments on the draft admissions arrangements for 2024 entry. Comments should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Response to Admissions Consultation'. Any comments received will be considered by the Governing Board before the final determination of the arrangements.
All comments must be received by 31st January 2023