Teams Teaching Schedule
During this time of closure the majority of our remote curriculum will be delivered by setting learning activities through ClassCharts. Some subject teams will be introducing more interactive methods of engaging with students, and are slowly trialling some of these methods where they feel they would be helpful.
Our protocols for more interactive online learning are summarised in the documents at the bottom of this page. Please read these carefully as they explains what you can expect us to provide, and what we would expect from parents and students. The calendar below shows you which lessons have been scheduled, and when.
Please, particularly note the following:
- We are not moving to a full programme of online teaching. There are numerous reasons why this would not be practical or effective. Experience of staff with various video conferencing situations over the last few weeks suggests that any form of online teaching has to be short, very carefully managed, and minimise the amount of live student interaction.
- The majority of learning activities will still be set through ClassCharts and will require students to work on their own and independently.
- There should be no expectation that subject teachers must provide direct online teaching, whether recorded or 'live'.
- Subject teams may choose to use some form of interactive teaching/learning if they think it will be more effective than other methods. This is a decision for the subject leaders to make with their teams. You may therefore see some interactive teaching /learning developed in some subjects and not in others. Such interactive methods are also likely to be focused on older year groups.
- Your sons and daughters must follow the protocols in the attached documents
COVID-19 coronavirus information and advice
Langley Grammar School is now closed until further notice. Parents and students have been emailed directly with specific information about the closure period. For information about the school's response to the COVID-19 coronavirus, click here. To find out how to contac...