16 - 19 Bursary Fund
The Government has set aside some money for schools, colleges, training providers and local authorities to allocate to young people who need financial support to stay on in further education or training. This is called the 16-19 Bursary Fund. It could help you with any education-related costs that may arise during the school year, including essentials like a meal during the day or transport to your school, college or training provider. Alternatively you might need extra help to buy additional books, clothing or equipment for your course, or to pay for educational visits.
To apply for a bursary, you must be aged between 16 and 19 and in full-time or part-time further education or training.
There are two types of bursaries:
You could receive up to £1,200 if you are:
- you are in or recently left local authority care;
- you receive Income Support or Universal Credit because you are financially supporting yourself;
- you receive Disability Living Allowance in your own name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit;
- you receive Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit.
You can apply for a discretionary bursary if you aren’t eligible for a vulnerable bursary but you need financial help to stay on in a school, college or training provider. Your school will decide who receives a discretionary bursary, how much they get, and what it can be used for.
The School has produced further information for students and parents, including the eligibility criteria for the academic year 2020-21 and how to apply:
- Information for students
- Information for parents/guardians/carers
- Langley Grammar School 16-19 Bursary Fund Policy
- 16-19 Bursary Fund application form
16-19 Bursary Fund, Funding Guidance for Young People 2020 to 2021 and 16-19 Bursary Fund guide: 2020 to 2021 academic year provide further information about the Fund.
LGS Sixth Form Open Evening- Admission 2020 Thursday 12 November 2020 18:00-19:00
Please join us on Thursday 12 November 2020 18:00-19:00 to learn more about the opportunities that our Sixth Form here at Langley Grammar School offers. This evening is aimed at those who are already studying in Year 11 at the school and those students currently studying at other schools who are wis...