Sixth Form Admissions
Langley Grammar School offers a very wide range of AS and A level subjects for Sixth Form students. We also offer an extensive programme of complementary studies, which includes a choice of enrichment courses, a fortnightly lecture series, physical education, the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, participation in musical and drama productions as well as opportunities for service to the school and community. It is our aim to give our students as broad an experience as possible during their two years in the Sixth Form.
Our students’ A level performance over the past three years is also excellent in terms of 'added value'. This view is supported through an annual independent report published by 'Alps', a national system of A level results analysis which is recognised by Ofsted. The Sixth Form was awarded an ALPS Grade 1 this year (this recognises that our Sixth Form is in the top 5% in the UK for value added). The great majority of our students progress to Higher Education, with a significant proportion successfully gaining places on competitive courses at Russell Group universities.
There is a very effective tutor system in the Sixth Form and we take great interest in your progress, providing advice and encouragement when needed. Many students act as prefects and take on significant responsibilities, working with staff to manage activities in the rest of the school.
Students who decide to enter the Sixth Form at Langley Grammar School will be presented with the very best opportunities to achieve their academic and personal potential and will be given the fullest support in achieving their aims and aspirations. For further information please see our prospectus and other documentation below, including our response to frequently asked questions about the use of iPads in the Sixth Form.
The Sixth Form Open Evening was on Tuesday 20th November
The presentation given by the Headteacher and Head of Sixth Form during the Open Evening can be found here or by using the link at the bottom of this page.
The Sixth Form Information Booklet provides further information about our Sixth Form and the admissions process. The Course Guide provides details regarding the A level courses we offer and their specific entry requirements. Both booklets can be downloaded from the links below below.
Admissions Process for students currently studying at Langley Grammar School
- Year 11 Assembly Monday 26 November
- Sixth Form Taster Day Wednesday 16 January - The normal timetable will be collapsed for the day and all students will experience seminars and plenary sessions regarding the subjects offered at the school.
- After the Taster Day we will ask that students complete an online application form regarding their choice of subjects.
Admissions Process for students currently studying in Year 11 at a different school who wish to join our Sixth Form in September 2019
- Please complete the online application form using the link below. The deadline for applications to be received is 3.15pm on Thursday 31 January.
- Once we receive your application we will request a reference from the school referee email address that you provide on the application form. We cannot review your application until we receive both the completed application form and the completed reference from your current school.