iPads at Langley Grammar
This page gives you background information about why we have asked parents to provide an iPad for students to use at Langley Grammar School. If you are parent in years 8-13 and your iPad is broken or not working, please
- Click on the link here, if your iPad is owned by Jigsaw24
- Click on the link here, if you own your iPad
iPads are currently used by students from Year 8 through to Year 12, with roll outs for students in Year 7 planned for later this year. We are delighted to be recognised as an Apple Distinguished School on the basis of our leading-edge use of the technology to enhance learning. There are just 30 such schools in the UK, forming part of an international network of 400 schools. To read about our journey please refer to our iBook that is available to download on Apple devices on iTunesU:
To hear what our students think about how iPads have affected their learning, please watch the video below. Here students say that iPads enable “fun, independent and creative” learning, which prepares them for the future of technology. This video was produced by student in the school, using their iPads.
We believe that tablet technology, when used appropriately, can significantly enhance students' learning. iPads can be engaging and exciting to use and can open up new ways of working: they enable students to research, collaborate, create and organise their thinking in ways that would be difficult or even impossible with more traditional methods of teaching.
Alongside the use of new technologies we still place great value on more traditional methods of teaching. Our philosophy is that teachers will select teaching methods, old and new, that have the most positive impact on students' learning.
This page provides links to background information about our iPad project and addresses frequently asked questions.
iPads for Year 7, joining year 12 students and any other students - Summer Term 2020
- The presentation given to year 7 parents in June can be accessed from this link.
- The links are here for the CPU Insurance Policy document, and here for the Keyfacts Summary document of the policy.
- Letters explaining the opening of the Portal are available here for year 7, here for year 12, and for the parents of students in any other year group who wish to lease a device
- A summary of Frequently Asked Questions can be accessed here for all year groups, and further questions relevant to Sixth Form students here.
iPads for Year 7 students – Summer Term 2019
- The presentation given to parents by Mr Constable and Mr Mace on 20 March 2019.
- The prices for leasing an iPad over 24 months or by a single payment through Jigsaw and CPU.
- The devices ordered via the scheme will have worldwide insurance cover for accidental damage and theft for the 2 year period of the lease; a summary document of the policy is available.
iPads for Year 12 students and other joining students - Autumn Term 2018
- The prices for leasing an iPad over 24 months or by a single payment through Jigsaw and CPU
iPads for Year 7 students – Spring Term 2018
- The leases on these devices have now completed and ownership passed to parents.