At Langley Grammar School we use a system called ‘ClassCharts’. ClassCharts is a web-based classroom management website developed by Edukey which allows us to replicate the systems you might traditionally expect to find in student diary. Teachers can:
- organise their classrooms more efficiently, by making helpful information held on our SIMS database visible to them in lessons,
- assign homework tasks to students, details of which are made available to students and to parents,
- assign achievement and behaviour points about students in real time for you to follow up at home,
- leave notes for parents, other teachers and phase leaders. By making these comments more readily available to you as well as Phase Leaders and Form Tutors we hope we can celebrate students’ successes and react more quickly to any difficulties they may have.
- notify students and parents about detentions, particularly those which occur after school and require your acknowledgement.
We would encourage students to continue using a task manager or diary to help them organise their time. Alternatively, they can continue to use their planners in year 7 and 12.
Please use this link to login https://www.classcharts.com/parent/login - probably using the same email address that you use to receive all communication from school. You can then login from any device, via the Classcharts apps which are available from your device’s AppStore or the website directly. We have also attached a Parents’ Guide on how to use ClassCharts.
Langley Grammar School Open Evening - Tuesday 26th September
The Langley Grammar School Open Evening will take place on Tuesday 26th September from 4.30pm to 8pm for families to come and view our facilities and meet our staff and students in person. There will be opportunities to tour the school and attend a presentation by the H...