Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Students at Langley Grammar School enter the school with above average levels of prior attainment. Nevertheless, our school community includes and welcomes students with specific special educational needs or disabilities.
Our Individual Needs provision supports students referred to in the SEND Code of Practice and also those for whom language barriers may hinder their progress and achievement. We also aim to support any other students who are identified as requiring additional short or long term help to access the curriculum or to achieve the outcomes of which they are capable.
Within this context, students with particular individual needs will:
- have the greatest possible access to a broad and balanced education;
- be positively encouraged to participate in the life and work of the school to the best of their abilities, whatever their needs;
- be given help and guidance to prepare them for adulthood, including independent living and employment.
Individual Needs Coordinator
Our Individual Needs Coordinator is Mrs Catherine Andrews. She can be contacted initially through the main school email address email@example.com or phone number 01753 598300.
Individual Needs policy and SEND information report
Our Individual Needs policy and SEND information report aims to:
- Set out how the school will support and make provision for students with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved in providing for students with particular individual needs.
The draft policy and report for 2020 is pending governors’ approval and can be accessed through the following link:
Please note that the SEND policy is currently being revised and will be represented in a different way in due course. In the meantime, all of the contents of this policy still apply.
Slough Local Offer
The following link will take you to the School's entry in the Slough Local Offer.